Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas and New years Eve 2011

I am so sad that the Holidays have come and gone so fast. I did not want to put my tree away it looked so pretty and cozy in my family room. I think the Christmas season brings so much joy and I love all the fun parties and get togethers.
We celebrated Chris's birthday a week early at his parents house so that we could just focus on him. With his birthday being on Christmas Eve sometimes he gets pushed to the side a bit with all the other traditions. He got a road bike for his birthday and to be honest I am a little worried, but I am glad he will have a hobby that is also good for his health! Christmas was so fun this year! Owen and Olivia are getting older and getting more excited for Santa to come and Owen was very convinced that he saw Rudolph guiding Santa's sleigh and also could here him on our roof. Santa brought Owen beyblades, a scooter and a remote control helicopter. Santa brought Olivia a tea set, and a American doll itty bitty baby. Santa brought Evan a cozy blanket and pillow and jammies. Every year I feel so blessed and wish I could simplify Christmas. I know it is fun for kids to get presents but sometimes I feel like I am focused on that too much. I want my kids to feel grateful for what they have instead of focusing on what they don't have or want. Hopefully I can be better prepared for next year and help my kids find the simplicity of Christmas which is the birthday of our dear Savior.
New years eve we celebrated with Chris's friends and Owen and Olivia got to go to Grandma Jody's which they were in heaven about and had so much fun playing games and eating treats!
So here is to the new year 2012, I have a feeling it is going to be great!


















1 comment:

Burton the cool said...

What's with the grizzly adam's beard?