Friday, February 27, 2009

To post or not to post...

Its been awhile, but I just haven't had anything exciting happen lately. But then why would I have to write about only exciting things. This blog isn't meant to make my life look perfect, because who's is anyway? I struggle in being a good mom, wife, sister, friend and daughter (I might be closer to perfect on the daughter part, ha.) I LOVE my kids, but it can be overwhelming and discouraging to never have a clean house, or to never be able to have lots of alone time with Chris.
What I do know, and I usually figure this out when I get ready for bed, is that this time will go by so fast. And bottom line the ONLY thing that matters is that I make sure that my family is loved and taken care of. Owen and Olivia I love you, even though I put you both in your rooms so I could have 10 minutes to cool down. Good thing McDonalds ice cream helps us all feel alot better.
Chris I love you too. I know that when I'm happy your happy. Thanks for the sweet surprise last night. It was just what I needed.

8 comments:

Burtons said...

Julie,

I know how you feel. I have felt this the past few weeks. When you feel like that, bring the kids over to play with Kayden. He would love it and it would give you some time. It is weird that you can actually do that now and I will be home........

Lindsay

Clements Family said...

Oh a surprise from Chris...fun! That is so sweet of him!
I totally feel like you so many days. It gets so hard and being a mom/wife there is always so much pressure, but you are doing such a great job. I think you are amazing. And I do appreciate your friendship.

Brad and Jade said...

Julie I feel ya.. sometimes it's nice just to know that you have a wonderful family and that they love you. What would you do without your families? I love you as my sister and your a wonderful mom!

Tamara Jacobs said...

I totally know how you feel. I told todd today somedays I just feel like I am barely keeping my head above water with trying to keep a clean house, happy kids, and all the things that come with motherhood and life:) I love reading your blog. you are so beautiful and talented. I love your photography.

Spencer and Heather said...

Would a movie night be exciting enough? We still need to have one!!

Anne-Marie said...

If only we all had perfect lives...sigh...

And Mom time outs are the best. Always needed. Being a Mom, esp a stay at home Mom can be really hard. (fist bump)

The Brady Bunch said...

Your post is so sweet and I think it speaks for a lot of us! Life is what it is and we've got to enjoy ALL OF IT, the UPS and the DOWNS! I'm so glad I found you on here, its so fun to keep in touch with friends and see what they're up to and see their cute families.

TC Jolley said...

Amen sister! Your perspective is so right on though. You are a great example Julie, I wish we lived closer, we could compare who's house is messier... MINE!