Saturday, December 1, 2012

Owen turns 8 and is baptized!

This was such a special day for our Family! Owen was able to get baptized on his birthday, and have all his family and friends there to support him. I was surprised that Owen wasn't more nervous than he was. He was so excited for it, and couldn't wait for his Daddy to dunk him! He received a journal from his Grandma Ricki and he recorded a little about his baptism: "I got to be a member of the Church. I got the best gift ever. It was the gift of the Holy Ghost. I felt cold on the outside and warm on the inside. I felt so good. I like to bear my testimony that I know the Church is true. I hope you make the choice to be baptized. I am preparing to go on a mission!" To say I was and am proud of him is a total understatement. He amazes me everyday, and I am so grateful for him in our lives. Olivia and Evan are so lucky to have him as a big brother! After we had a little party with the Burtons side at Jump On it in Orem! The kids and even some of the adults had a blast. Owen was already doing backflips into the foam pits by the end. We had the best day, and Owen even said this was his best birthday yet!

No comments: