7 years ago
Saturday, March 30, 2013
Preparation leading up to Delivery day
I found out around my 6 month appointment that my blood platelet was abnormally low and that if it became too low that I may not have an option of getting an epidural. I panicked. I have loved my previous experiences with the epidural (except for my spinal headache after the birth of Owen). I was extremely scared of the pain, and thought there is no way that I could go through that. So for next couple of weeks I did a little research to see if I could help them go up. I changed my diet a little bit and then just hoped for the best. After the next appointment there was no change and in fact they went down a little bit. I knew then that I needed to start to prepare for what may happen.
I was referred to Laura Dugovic, who taught classes on “How to Birth Like a Rockstar”. I fell in love with her immediately. I went to her first class the end of January and knew that she was placed in my life for a reason and that I wanted her as my Doula. I was so intrigued and after I went home I told Chris, “This is what I want to do, it sounds amazing!” Which then quickly after fear settled in. Really, could I really do this? For the next couple of weeks, I played a lot of mind games, cried, and doubted myself. Chris was always so positive and because of him my confidence grew and grew each day. I did everything I was taught so diligently. I meditated 2-3 times almost every day. I Listened to my Hypno babies 4-5 times a week. I read books (which my favorite one was “Mindful Birthing”). I did my own research online. I talked to people who had positive empowered birth stories. It honestly consumed my mind, thoughts, and actions for the next couple of months. I felt inspired to go through this process. And soon my fear was being replaced with faith. I couldn’t wait to go through this. I was ready for this, and guess what I WAS ready! This has been a life changing experience for me. In just preparing for an Empowered Natural Birth I have become calmer and really have just learned to live in every moment, good or bad. It has not even been a week since little William was born and I keep asking Chris to tell me all the details of that night, and I go to bed replaying them over and over. I am so excited that I got to experience this and especially with my last little baby! I can do hard things and I did!
I am so grateful for my husband, Laura, and my mom for being a part of this. I know without a doubt I could not have done it without them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment