I found this little creature in my front flowerbed yesterday, and also one just like it on my front porch a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say I am freaked out as of why they are all migrating at our house. Anyways if anyone has any ideas if this friend of ours has a name, or if it harmless or harmful, that would be greatly appreciated. Andy can you please get on this. I figured you would know this area pretty well since you just got a snake as a pet.
7 years ago



8 comments:
Well im not a spider expert but I do want to say those are some great shots. I hope you were using a zoom lens so you didn't have to get too close.
Hi Julie. I just linked over to yours from your last comment...thank you for that, by the way.
It looks like you're quite the photographer yourself! Bennett has a mac and uses Aperture to edit his shots. He has a business in the making called LDS Inspired that will make lots of his LDS photography (temple shots, mormon pioneer trail shots, etc.) available here soon.
Anyways, you've got two beautiful kids and a bunch of beautiful pics to go with them!
Julie that's freaky! I think it looks dangerous.. stay away. Maybe you should get pest control!
How much do I love you right now? Not necessarily because of the big, nasty spiders, but because of the wonderfully nice things you had to say at my blog today! Please comment more often. Like every day. Saying such nice things.
Love the photos on your blog - your kids are darling. And isn't Nicole Hill so cool? I wish I was her.
That looks like the spiders that have invaded Saratoga Springs. There was an article in the Deseret News last week about it. There are millions of them and it starts with an "s". They aren't poisonous, but it's a concern because they'll nest anywhere. Poison control kills their prey, and sometimes not the spiders so it just makes the problem worse. Try to find that article and you can probably find out what to do.
I got an email not too long ago about a spider that looks like that! It has killed a few people. I would do what I can to make sure it doesn't get inside your home. I can't remember what it is called, it starts with a T? I would call an exterminator! haha
Don't listen to these fraidy-cats, Julie! This is not a dangerous spider if you leave it alone. The spiders that hurt people are not the kind that spin webs outside. If we didn't have spiders like this we'd be taken over by flies and other insects. I hope you didn't kill it.
Ok, the part about web-spinning spiders not being dangerous isn't exactly true because black widows spin webs. But I wouldn't worry about this one, but still keep the kids away to be safe. But certainly don't kill it or call an exterminator. It's all part of nature.
Post a Comment