Monday, August 25, 2008

When all is said and done.

I know I have really been on a spiritual kick lately. With reading my inspirational blogs everyday, I can't help it. They put everything in perspective for me and have helped me tremendously with living in the moment. Making my days worthwhile with my children, instead of just another monetous day.

Anyways the other night while I was out for a run, the song "When all is said and done" started playing on my ipod, instead of turning to a more upbeat song. I slowed down and really listened to the words......
When all is said and done as the season slips away. When I've taken steps beyond my sight. Will I find my strength in greater light. Will my courage grow with every passing day. And will my faith be constant as the setting sun, when all is said and done.
When all is said and done. When the years have turned to gold. Will my life become a legacy, will the things that matter most to me. Will the fire of faith burn bright as I grow old. And will I want to be the person I've become. When all is said and done.
When all is said and done. When my eyes can finally see. Will I glory in the sweet release, and will mercy fill my soul with peace. Will I kneel and wonder at the Saviors feet. Will I hear him say "Well done" when he sees who I've become. Will I live with him, when all is said and done.

After that sweet reminder. I know that I want to hear the words "Well done." So today is a new day. And today I am strengthened.

5 comments:

Em said...

Thanks for that song, Julie! It's a great reminder!

Michelle Arnett said...

Thank you so much for sharing those inspiring words. How true they are. Hopefully for me I will here "well done." I feel so often that I am doing an awful job in mothering amongst my grief. Thank you for your so kind words of love and encouragement, they mean more to me than you will ever know.

The Nobles said...

Wow Julie that is really inspiring! Thanks!!

Tamara Jacobs said...

Thanks for that inspiring post...it was a really good reminder of what life is about...it's easy for me to forget sometimes

CoLiE-O said...

julie-
this is jocis sister in law, nicole. i found your blog through jamies. i just had to thank you for that post- it really hit me hard! sometimes we need to re-evaluate our lives and i thank you for that!
btw- i love your pics! where did you learn to take such great pics? or are you just a natural?