
So unfortunately we had another accident last night. Yikes. I was getting Liv a snack and I guess she was climbing in her stroller and fell in the garage. I seriously still can't believe it. My heart sunk when I heard her cry, I ran to her so quick to find her in a puddle of blood. I yelled at Owens friends to go get their Mom, my really good friend Lindsay, who literally saved me. I tried so hard to be strong I kept it together until Lindsay got there and then I lost it. Lindsay really thanks so much when I think back about it I still cry. She helped me clean off Liv and was really calm which helped me calm down. So off to the doctors again. This time she added another big owie biting through almost her entire lip, and then busted two out of the five stitches. The doctor was worried about restitching it because of infection, so he just taped it. I couldn't sleep last night because her falling again just kept replaying in my mind. How did I let that happen? Why would I let her leave my sight? I am so sick about it. What if it was worse? I know I can't think about stuff like that, but I do. I don't think this is the end of it either. Her stitches look a little infected, and her lip looks like it kills. Might be making another trip to the doctor.


11 comments:
That poor girl. That looks like it really hurts. I was a very accident prone child with stitches all over. I'm surprised Ethan hasn't had stitches yet. Although there were a couple of times he probably should have.
Julie, I am so sorry. I think a pretty constant feeling of guilt comes with being a mommy!! Erika had a got a huge gash under her chin when she was about Liv's age. She can't even remember it now, and it healed up great... good luck and don't feel guilty, you are a GREAT mommy!!
ps Liv's eyes look crazy blue in the pics on the previous post.. such a beautiful girl.
you are such a good mommy! dont worry it happens to the best of us! lets not forget when crew fell off the COUNTERTOP in his bumbo and went purple. HATE THAT! let us know if you need anything!!!!! LOVE YA
Oh Julie! How sad. I am so sorry. You are a great mom and you can't always prevent accidents from happening. Be strong. Poor Liv. Love ya!
Julie, you know I will always help you in any situation. I am glad I could be there for you. You are an amazing person, and I am glad you are my friend.
Love you sweet Liv. That picture breaks my heart! Her lip looks lots worse then it did on tuesday.
Oh Julie, she has such a sweet little face. I'm so sorry that has happened...twice. That's so hard to watch I'm sure. Poor thing. Looks owie.
I am dreading this moment with my own, which I know is inevitable. And that is so funny that you really did put her up for sale... when I said that yesterday, I had no idea you had done this :) Its just how I feel sometimes, so now you know you're not alone! :) Hang in there... its probably one of those stories you'll tell about her when she's older.
That is scary and I'm sure really hard, but to me it sounds like you are doing a great job because you are worried. The moms that DON'T worry end up having to send their children to me for counseling! Also, not sure if this will help, but I cut my chin open when I was exactly her age. I don't harvest any hard feelings for my mom!
OH Ju! I'll be calling you when one of my kids has to go through that! And I'll cry too and feel guilty. I think this is just preparing us for the future when the stupid boys break their little hearts.....and we'll still feel guilty.
Little Liv--we love you. Watch your step little thing!!!
Don't get too down on yourslef Jules, kids get hurt...they bleed...but they heal. Hey, if nothing else, just remember...its reminding you of how much you love her ;)
i'm so sorry! i always feel so bad when my kids get hurt too! she is so sweet. it's amazing how resilient little ones are. i think you are such a cute mom.
Post a Comment