I think this is my favorite anniversary to date. Instead of doing something lavish we sent our kids up to Kamas for the weekend with their grandparents. And we enjoyed a peaceful, quiet night at home. We went to dinner followed by seeing Eagle Eye, and a long nights sleep with no potty breaks at 3 or so in the morning. Slept in until 9, went for a nice walk, ate a yummy breakfast, and all the while I did not have to pick up my house this entire time. Chris even convinced me to help him put up the Christmas lights. I was so proud I got on the roof, even with Chris's lack of patience, I did it!
I often look back and think why the heck did I get married at such a young age, I had my whole life to be married. But I know I was led to Chris for a reason. He is my other half, my rock. He is a great Dad, I just found out the other night that I am the parent that the kids want to keep stuff from, you know there is always one, and I guess unfortunately thats me. Chris and Owen were driving home from the real game and Owen spilled his popcorn in the car, and Owen kept telling Chris, " Just don't tell mom, okay?" So I guess in our household I am the one who disciplines and Chris is the fun one who plays non stop soccer, tennis, baseball, and etc. I am so lucky to have you Chris (I hope you feel the same way, you do right?) Love you a thousand times.
P.s. Do you think you can give me one good picture, where you don't look put out or burdened by the fact that I want to kiss you? I think your eyes are rolling in this picture.



5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! That sounds like the perfect way to spend an anniversary. Funny how soon we forget what that's like since we had babies so early. I'm proud of you for getting on the rough - that's impressive.
That is a super cute picture! I am totally impressed you got up on the roof! I am afraid of heights-so I would never even think of it! I am glad you had a good anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! You guys guys really are perfect for each other and are so fun to hang out with. Love you both lots!!!
Happy Anniversary! I can't believe you have been married 6 yrs! Having a night alone sounds like heaven! What a good idea! Our anniversary was the 12th of November. We went to dinner and alos saw Eagle Eye. Funny ha. And tell Chris good job on the picture, it's way cute. I cant ever get Chad to do that either! What's the big deal?!
congrats on 6 yrs. Crazy how fast it goes by!! So nice when your kids are old enough to leave for a night or two. Glad you had so much fun together. I think I will get on the roof this year too and help, sounds fun =)
Post a Comment