Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The true meaning of Christmas.

Owen was telling me the other day, that he loved Jesus, but loved Santa more. Hmmm, I think we will be having a crash course on the true meaning of Christmas. His little comment made me think and really put into perspective of why we celebrate this wonderful holiday season. I tried explaining to Owen that even though Santa is pretty fun and brings us toys and goodies, Jesus was able to give us the best gift of all, eternal life. He didn't quite understand it, but I know one day he will.

He tells me now, "I like Santa and Jesus just the same!"

2 comments:

Clements Family said...

Ok, Owen is too cute! That is so funny!

The Dumas Family said...

Julie, you are doing a FABULOUS job on the pictures. You have an amazing talent and I can't believe you've picked it up that quickly!!! The Santa thing is very hard - I don't have any advice. Let me know what you decide to do/say to Owen as I'm sure I'll have the same thing with Laney.