Friday, October 24, 2008

Bad fall.

This is the part of motherhood I don't like. How do you tell your child it is going to be alright, when you can't even comprehend their pain. And you wish more than anything that you would be the one with the swollen lip, rather than them. Last night Chris was picking up owen to come upstairs, when he fell straight down on his face. Both me and Chris were sick to our stomachs, he was so swollen and in a lot of pain. So he has had a lot of special treatment in the last 24 hours; watching back to back little einsteins, sleeping in our bed, and applesauce pancakes. Today, as you can tell, is a lot better. With Chris being prone to accidents when he was little, I am sure we will have many more bruises, cuts, broken bones, and lots of tears.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brad and Jade said...

That picture of him crying is the saddest thing. What a brave little boy. Give him lots of kisses for me. Love you Owey!!

Clements Family said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Owen! That really breaks my heart. I just want to hug him! He sure does look much happier today though!

Colby said...

Chris, I am legally bound to report cases of abuse. Sorry bro. You better run to Canada or Mexico. I will give you a few days to get out of town.

laura said...

Ahh...poor little guy. I am only getting more accident prone as I get older, and fall almost daily. I feel his pain - though I'm sure he handles it better than I do. Nobody makes me applesauce pancakes :(

laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.